1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift Ram Leaking

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PITCH, Jan 21, 2008.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

Got A 8ft Heavy Duty And My Lift Ram Is Leaking Fluid. You Can See The Fluid Dripping Down The Casing Of The Ram. The Plow Is About 1 Month Old. Should I Get A New Ram Under Warrantee????
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Tighten up the packing nut and see what that does for you...if that doesn't fix it then take it to be fixed...you will find that with tightening this, it may be harder for the spring to pull the ram down after dropping the blade.
  3. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

Take a look at the ram when it is extended and check to see if the lift arm hook made any contact with the ram if you have the older syle lift arm. The newer style check the packing nut like was already stated. I have a 8'x-blade and the old syle lift arm which is about to wear through, and has ruined my piston. At least yours will be under warranty.
  4. MustangFox302HO

MustangFox302HO Junior Member
    from Mass

bring it in mine did it right from the start quick easy fiix