1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift problems- fisher solenoid electric hydraulic pak

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by JROCK8, Nov 5, 2012.

1. JROCK8

JROCK8 Junior Member
    from 06010

Hello

I have a fisher minute mount plow -- solenoid electric hydraulic pak.

The first sign of the problem, the plow would slowly drop when raised, now not able to raise plow...
    no obvious leaks, and oil level is good.

I'm the 2nd owner....was purchased new in sept 1997

questions......does the pump hold the pressure of the vertical cylinder??

if so, would replacing the pump, possibly fix the issue??

if not, what else should I look into?

how do I determine the correct pump for the unit? there seems to be
    different sizes and pressure ratings.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The pump doesn't hold the psi, the valve does did you look at fishers website?

3. dieselss

Page 17-18 of the owners guide I didn't look up the mechanics guide,,,using the phone not puter

4. JROCK8

JROCK8 Junior Member
    from 06010

thanks for the reply........so It could be the 2 way (lift) valve failure?

thank you

5. dieselss

Or junk in the valve. Look at the schematic and go from there make sure your looking at the right valve

6. mikespenny

mikespenny Junior Member

Before you go replacing hard parts, try a good fluid flush, as well as cleaning the valves. I thought i needed to replace my pump/random parts on my plow, but after a fluid change, and a good cleaning of the filter, all was well again.
    I am the second owner of this fisher plow, its been in service since 1996, and when i changed the fluid, it was probally the first time it was done.

7. JROCK8

JROCK8 Junior Member
    from 06010

Thanks for everyone's help.....I replaced the 2 way valve, all seems well....................originally I took the unit off and brought it to my local hydraulic cylinder repair shop.....they quoted a minimum of $575 to diagnose and repair..............after getting information on possible fail points and went with replacing the 2 way valve ..........valve and quart of fluid....$58. thanks for all your help.

8. JROCK8

JROCK8 Junior Member
    from 06010

and just in time for the 7" of snow that just fell.

9. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

It is very possible that it is just dirty. Take it all apart and clean/inspect everything. I'm going to guess that the thing hasn't ever been cleaned, and probably never even flushed. It has to be done every once in a while.