1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift piston stuck

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by earl964, Sep 23, 2007.

1. earl964

earl964 Member

I was moving my plow this weekend and noticed the lift piston will not go all the way down. It got put away last season with the piston up about 4 inches. I tried to loosen the big nut a little but it would not budge. What is the best way to fix this. any help would be great.
    Semper Fi

2. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

get a new one. They are only about $80.

3. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

First make sure the valve is open to let the fluid out. If in doubt crack the joint open between the hose and cylinder to see if it bleeds out.

Work the piston up and down a few times it will probably lossen up. If not lget a big monkey wrench to loosen the jamb nut a bit.

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

jammed

what kind of plow ,and power unit ?

5. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

hook it up

It's time to change fluid anyhow - pre season maintenance.
    hook it up, raise unit, lower unit - leave in float position, get out and compress the piston (put your feet on the lift chain and press).
    get your maintenance manual out and do your anual maintenance (insluding the fluid change)