1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift piston pressure?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cat10, Oct 3, 2016.

1. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

any way to tell how much pressure the lift piston is receiving? last year i notice the plow would not lift if there was any snow in front of the blade it was the same if i was moving or come to a stop then try to lift the blade

thanks

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

IF you have a insta act power unit u need to get a hose and a sight gauge that goes up to 3k psi then undo the lift cylinder hose where it screws into the insta act (2 things watch out the hose could be under pressure and spay fluid also make sure you know which thread you have older pipe OR JIC) then screw your hose attached to the sight gauge into that port/hole on the insta act then have somebody push the up button on your controller while you watch the gauge for how much pressure is made fisher recommends a minimum of 1700 psi if you have a 7.6 rd to 9 ft plow by doing this your not testing the cylinder your testing to see if your pump makes enough pressure to properly lift the plow

3. cat10

cat10 Senior Member

i have a fisher xls mm2 so do the same thing with the gauge ?

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I would think so BUT id wait for more feedback from others on here since its a XLS

5. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

XLS have a test port on the pump for testing pressure. Relief should be around 2200psi. There was a lift cylinder upgrade at one point. Believe it used a 1 3/4" lift ram instead of the 1 1/2" one. If you just wanted to test lift ram pressure you could tee a gauge in to lift ram hose.

Philbilly2 and dieselss like this.