1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift kit package for 2wd Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Jacobs, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Jacobs

Jacobs Junior Member

Help!
    I have a 1999, 2WD GMC Suburban and I plan to put a 33x15x10.50 or 12.50 MT tires on it.
    What lift kit should I go with 4", 5", or 6"? And, what system package? Any prefered tire brand names?
    Basically, I'm doing this for the looks and I want to do it the right way and as comfortable ride as possible. I know you guys at Lawnsite.com are expert on this.
    I appreciate your recomendation.
    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Jacob

2. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Well, if you're not going to really use it off road, I'd go the majority of your lift on the body, IE a 3" body lift. You'll also need a little suspension 2-3" to get 33x12.50 and more than that to get 15 plus inch wide tires on there. There's a company that specializes in 2wd lift kits, and I can't think of their name for the life of me, but they are THE name. I'll figure it out and get back to you. I know their componlents are blue though :) Like that helps. Gimme a day and I'll find it. As far as tires, if you're just going to drive around on the road, get either 33x12.50 BFG all terians, or a mickey thompson of some kind for a wider tire.

3. MTCK

MTCK Senior Member

Fabtech is the name of the company, and they make a 3" suspension lift for the new GM trucks. It runs a shade over $400 and is available from http://www.4wheelparts.com They could also answer your questoins about tire clearance.