1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift Kit On 350 Diesel Crew?plow?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Bossfan, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Bossfan

Bossfan Member
    from Kansas

Hey from KS! A question to all you ford and chevy guys out there. I've a ford f-350 diesel crew-cab lariat that i plow with. Its got an 8'2" Boss V. The truck already has the snowplow package, but i want to raise it 6 inches and put bigger tires on. Is that such a good idea with a blade? I'm no novice plower, but im just not sure if i should go ahead with that or not. Please give me some feedback guys! THANKS
  2. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Your truck looks fine, leave it alone! LOL

Glad you decided to start posting.

3. Bossfan

Bossfan Member
    from Kansas

RE. Lift Kit

Thanks! Would still like to lift truck though! Is this possible to do and still plow with no problem?
    Jon :bluebounc
  4. wyldman

wyldman Member

It can be done,but you will have to drop the plow harness to bring it back to the correct height afterwards.

This will require reworking the mount,and will put a lot more stress on the front section of the frame,and the mount itself.Dropping the mount down give the plow more leverage,and applies more force than it was originally designed for.

What about lifting it for the summer only ? Then just swap your old parts back on for the winter ?

Or you could run really small tires in the winter,to help bring the truck back down some.

Plowing in a lifted truck is also more difficult,as you lose some visibility in front of the truck,and it's harder to judge where the plow is.It can be done,but I'd think it over carefully before you do.

I'd do a search on Plowsite,as it has been discussed somewhat before.
  5. Bossfan

Bossfan Member
    from Kansas

Hey, thanks for the info. Thats what i needed to know. Lota work to switch back and forth from summer to winter but it may be worth it. Possibly a shorter lift kit? I totally aggree with you though. :)
  6. wyldman

wyldman Member

You could go with a smaller lift kit.Go just big enough to run the tires you want.You could then go back to a smaller tire (smaller than factory) in the winter,and be pretty close to stock height.

You have to make sure that the a-frame is as close to level as possible.With a V-blade it's even more crucial,as the blade will not work properly,and cutting edge wear will be excessive.
  7. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have a 3" leveling kit (front) and add-a-leaf (rear) on my 03 F-350 and run 295/75/16's summer and winter. And like Wyldman said, I lowered the plow mounts on the truck about 4". So now the bracket is only about 2" higher than when the truck was stock. If I where you I would go with a 4" suspension lift and then run 35X12.5X16's, a couple of my buddies have this set-up and it looks really nice. Good luck!!