1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift kit and plowing

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ServiceOnSite, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Im sure it has been dome but....................... who here has it and what are your likes/dislikes?? Would you do it again? I have a 06 GMC 3500 crew cab dually and i want to put a set of 22.5 on it and im thinking a lift kit is in order here. What are your thoughts?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Don't know if we're on the same page here or not, but I've got a one year old Ram 2500, and I wanted to put a lift kit on it as well, but if I do, I either have to lower the plow mount, or have the plow at an incorrect angle. It's six of one of half a dozen of the other.

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm running a 4" lift on my 2500HD. I run 285/75/16's in the winter and 295/70/17's in the summer.
    Had a friends welding shop make me custom plow mount brackets to keep the push beam at factory specs and all is well.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. JCPM

JCPM Senior Member
    from CT

I have a 2012 silverado 3500 with a leveling kit and 295/75r18s. I have a Boss plow so I just lowered the push plate down one set with the adjustment holes. Works great.