1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift kit and plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by golfmanres, Aug 5, 2002.

1. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Hello again guys!!! i have a 1998 chevy extended cab truck with a 5.7v8 also 4x4. I am asking if i put a lift kit not sure what size, any input? how is that going to affect the way the plow rides the road level? do i have to lower the mount on the front? any help is appreciated.:drinkup: :confused: I have a meyers 8 steal with the e60 pump.
  2. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well if you put a lift kit on you will be changing the angle of the plow.I would not do it on my truck but if you only plow one or two houses maybe it won't matter to much.
  3. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

thats exactly what i am asking. can anyone help? i have seen some people around with really nice lifted trucks and plows and i was wondering how much that affects the productivity of the plow.
  4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

if you do a search i think that this has been discussed .
  5. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Almost to death!;)
  6. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

I have built several lifted plow trucks..... if you need info Email me!