1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift frame question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by harborcovemgmt, Nov 30, 2009.

1. harborcovemgmt

harborcovemgmt Junior Member

Hows it going guys

I have a jeep wrangler and I have a stupid question about removing the lift frame from the mount on the jeep. Since I have owned the setup I always take the plow off after a storm and store it in a heated garage. As the years go on the lift frame gets harder and harder to pull out or off the jeep.

Any ideas to get this thing to slide in and out easier? Im about to pull the plow out of storage and tune everything up here shortly and this is one thing I wanted to fix

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Lubricate the tube really well with KY.:laughing:

Seriously use Neversieze or a good waterprooof grease.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

But before you do, clean all the corrosion buildup from both the receiver tubes and the lift frame. Scraper, screwdriver wire brush etc. The rust buildup is what makes it tougher to remove and install as the years go by. Need to remove it and then lubricate thoroughly. :nod:
  4. harborcovemgmt

harborcovemgmt Junior Member

yea thats my plan. I just didnt know if there was a differant route. I wonder what kind of cleaner will take all the old grease and stuff off?

Maybe WD40?
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You know thats a curse word around here right? :D

Carb cleaner or brake clean and some shop towels will remove the old grease and get you down to the rust.