1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift frame dimensions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ama190, Nov 1, 2015.

1. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

Hi recently bought a plow advertised as a unimount but I believe it to be a standard mount 3 spring prowplow from the 90's. Came with an isarmstic pump and t handle cable control which appears to be in working order. We have a millwright in the family and he modified the standard to fit my unimount truckside mount. I am missing the lift frame. Is there anyone out there who knows dimension or has a drawing made for the lift frame? i have material and millwright to fabricate but no dimensions

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What part are you looking for exactly?
    Fyi that's a really early conventional plow set-up

3. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

ill see if i can find a part number. Its the frame that holds the pump and lights I think the original design it came straight vertical off the truck mount. now they have a sweep/ bend to them.

4. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

it is an ancient pump I was surprised it still worked. the blade is in great shape though

5. dieselss

The ones "bolted" to the trucks were conventional mounts. The unimounts were part of the plow assm that came off and didn't stay with the truck at all

6. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

ah. that makes sense. I bought the plow portion from the conventional setup then. It is now a modified plow that fits a unimount truck mount. Im trying to adapt a unimount lift frame to fit my set up. I know there will be some changes but I think the general concept is the same. Just need dimensions to build something close

7. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

how do I attach a pic? i dont see a button for it in mobile view

8. dieselss

If your trying to adapt your setup to come off the truck, that's not gunna happen with what you have now. Those "cable" pumps are permanent so to speak.

9. dieselss

Need to switch to desktop version, in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Chrome works and so does Firefox

10. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

thanks for pointing that out. with that being the case it may make the most sense to just copy the conventional pump mount. i think that could be a challenge too as the front of the truck sets out further from the mount than the trucks it was designed for. starting to think there is no such thing as a good cheap plow. thanks for the replys

11. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

You can usually find cheap 7 1/2 foot unimounts on craigslist. get one and adapt that one to fit.

12. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

thanks to all for the replys. I am stuck with the plow I got for now. Could someone provide me with the width of their lift frame from edge to edge. I think I could scale the rest from images online. I am going to have to have one fabricated.

13. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

forgot to say this would be for a unimount lift frame

14. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

15. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

im in iowa

16. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

looks like a good deal though. wish I was closer

17. linckeil

from CT

yeah, shipping would probably kill the deal. making your own is doable, but getting a factory piece would be a lot better. trouble is finding someone willing to sell just that part who is local to you.

18. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

yeah it has been impossible so far.Would you be able to measure yours? Just need the distance across from outside edge to outside edge

19. linckeil

from CT

I'm not at the location where the plows are stored, but if no one else chimes in with the dimensions I'll measure that next time I'm there.

20. ama190

ama190 Junior Member

thank you!