1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift for 06 f 150

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by BKFC255, Oct 9, 2008.

1. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

well i got my plow installed and it sets to low. so i am looking at the 2.5" lift for my front end which one is the best? there are a couple on ebay not sure which one to get. i like the all aluminum set. they are about 90.00. i know i will have to get a front end alignment. but do the headlights need to be adjusted. it is a snow way and i have 8.5 to the center bottom of the bottom holes and you should have between 9 and 11 it will put me at 11" which gives me more ground clearence. it is an mt 7.5 and it is for my drive and family and freinds. no commerical work.

2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

I have a 2006 F150 supercab with a 7.5 mm2 RD mounted on it. I installed the aluminum 2" leveling kit on it and with about 400 lbs of ballast against the gate the trucks sits just about dead level with the plow raised. You are right about the alignment - i tried to go the cheap route and messed my tires up pretty good in doing so. As far as the headlights are concerned - i didn't notice any difference, and had no trouble getting inspected. Good luck, Roy

3. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Thanks roy i think i am going to order them. And you did it yourself? Was it easy to do? Chris

4. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I would definitely recommend the 2" leveling kit. I have had mine for about 2 years now and I switched them over to my 2008 from my 2006. It is easy to do if you have access to air tools and large sockets. I ended up pulling the entire coil assembly out and putting it back in. You will need to release the lower and upper joint, bottom shock bolt on control arm and of course the three nuts at the top of assembly. I ordered the Steel ones with powder coating and they have held up pretty good. Alignment is a must and the headlights do rise a little, but basically you will just piss off someone riding in a Prius in front of you...and I could care less about that. Good luck! :salute:

5. BKFC255

BKFC255 Senior Member

Can i also put timbrens on too?

6. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Hey Chris, installation was pretty easy, i borrowed a strut compressor from Autozone and just followed the instructions that came with the kit. As far as i know you can run Timbrens as well - but i haven't yet found them necassary, Roy

7. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I don't have timberens either. I stick with a plow that is under 500lbs though. For installation I guess you could either use the strut compressor or remove the entire assembly.