1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift cylyinder problem

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mc1, Jan 18, 2010.

1. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

my fathers mm2 is my back up rig, he finally decided it was time to mount his plow. i mean he finnaly got around to telling me to do it for him. when i put my plow away for the season it gets washed dielectric grease on connectors and i grease the exposed cylinders with grease, all this to store it inside. i never have trouble in the fall , change fluid and go. my father does none of this. when i hook up the plow to 2 differnent truck i get the same problem i get left and right movement but the lift cylinder only goes up will not float. i cant even mount it to the truck to have it looked at i took the back plastic cover and all wire were connected any help would be appreciated

2. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

put power to S1 and you can colapse the cylinder.. I am assuming that you can't mount the plow because the chain is tight?? or at the very least crack the line..

3. mc1

mc1 Senior Member

i cracked the line and could not collapse the cyclinder it will go up but not down

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

If you cracked the line and it wont go down, The cylinder is sticking, Lube the cylinder with slick 50 and drive it down by any means that works. 5 Lb sledge works.:dizzy:
    OR replace the cylinder. and tell your father he can pay to put the plow away proper in the spring OR buy parts every fall.:D

5. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

LMAO 5LB sledge.. it does work though...or you could take a 966 and just tap the lift arm ...