1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift cylinder

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by jmg36344, Jan 15, 2009.

1. jmg36344

jmg36344 Junior Member

I have snoway 18DX mounted on an S10 Blazer. I've been having problems with the lift cylinder and need some help. This is a used plow I purchased,the lift cylinder has a standard hydralic fed line and it has a bolt directly on top of the cylinder. I found out it was a breathing bolt. I replaced this with a new piece since the old one had a dried up filter and the bearing was missing. Unfortunately the only way for me to lift the plow is to remove the bolt, doing so after I hit the lift button the cylinder gushes out fluid and the plow goes up. I then place the breather bolt back on and the plow slowly decend back down. Why is it that the plow will only go up when the bolt is removed and what is causing it to go back down.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Shot lift cylinder, replace or rebuild.