1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift cylinder

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by J&D, Nov 5, 2007.

1. J&D

J&D Member

the lift cylinder on my my 7.6 Boss is messed up. It will not lift up when I am connecting to my truck. I think I forgot to grease it before putting it away for the summer. I tried to pry it open with a 2 ton jack-it did not work. I think i need to replace the cyclinder. Are these easy to replace yourself.? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

did you try to disconnect the hose's first to see if it is just a hydraulic lock from a valve not opening ?

3. J&D

J&D Member

no I did not. I just disconnect the hose going to the cyclinder and then connected it again.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Is your 7.6 a standard duty (non smarthitch)..or a superduty (smarthitch)? In other words, do you have to manually push the tower up to the truck or is it self powered?