1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift cylinder won't go all the way down

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wranglerplow, Dec 24, 2008.

1. wranglerplow

wranglerplow Junior Member

I just mounted an almost new MM1 on my Jeep and can't get the lift cylinder to go all the way down. I had my wife hold the joystick down while I pushed on the lift arm, but it won't go any lower. I also put a block under the plow to keep it 4 inches off the ground and tried again to push the arm down without success. The cylinder is exposed about 2 inches. Any suggestions? Thank you.

2. bula_1984

bula_1984 Member

The cylinder might have a longer rod in it so there will always be some sticking out. Raise the plow all the way up and measure how much come out of the ram. Then measure the bottom part normally there is about a 2 to 3 inch plunger inside the ram. hope this helps.

3. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

maybe you recently filled with to much oil? Try taking out fill plug and push down then.

4. Niteman9

Niteman9 Senior Member

With the plow on he 4 inch block re-chain it then remove the block and lower. This will use the weight of the plow to collapse the lift cylinder. If it still won't go down pull it apart and see what the problem is.