1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift Cylinder quit and then came back, Help!

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by RedArrow, Jan 3, 2012.

1. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Hoping maybe someone else has encountered this problem. I have an HD75 with wings on an HD2500. Had it for a year. This am, I caught a curb head on that I was unaware of. Wasn't going too fast, the springs didnt even trip. But I lost my lift cylinder. When I hit lift, it went left ( the default). Then it wouldnt lift at all or even go left when hitting the lift button. I still had left and right. No red light at all on the controlelr. I powered down the controlelr, checked everything on the plow and upon power up it was still dead. I decided to continue windrowing to clear the lot as best as I could and about 10 minutes into it, the lift came back. I hate problems that fix themselves, scares the crap out of me! Anyone have any ideas?:confused:

2. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

Buyers did have a bad batch of lift cylinders. You would need to get the build date off your cylinder and contact your local dealer and they will repack the cylinder or replace it for you. If the packing came apart you could run into a cylinder that will not raise or lower.

3. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

bad cylinder

Finding the date code etching is a challange to say the least, but I believe I have a plow built after the change. thanks

4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

the date code is stamped into the cylinder. even if the plow was built after this doen't mean the cylinder was an earlier one.

5. RedArrow

RedArrow Member

Jim,

Do you know what date should be in the clear. I have 2010.06.02 thanks

6. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

your cylinder is under this TSB.
    any lift cylinder built before 6-30-2010 falls under TSB# 16TSB-45