1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift Cylinder Leak-Down.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by White Gardens, Dec 19, 2009.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I have an older Meyer Diamond Plow with the belt-driven pump under the hood.

Just recently I switched one of the angle cylinders with the lift cylinder. The old lift cylinder was pitted pretty badly and the cylinder would leak down when driving down the road. After the switch, I had a little leak down but figured that valve-block has a slow leak and releasing the pressure on the cylinder as the seals around the ram weren't leaking.

Everything was working correctly this morning then all the sudden the lift cylinder wouldn't hold the plow at all, and to get it to raise I had to rev the truck up to get more RPM's. As soon as I put the joy-stick in the neutral position then the plow would drop. (cable operated)

Normally the plow lifts at idle, though slow.

So question is do I have a valve bad in the valve block, or is the by-pass valve bad, or, is the pump possibly bad??

Thanks.

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

Sounds like your seals in your valve assembly are shot. I had an old fisher with the same setup and was able to get new seals at a plumbing supply store.

3. White Gardens

That's what I'm hoping and thinking. Is it hard to take apart the valve block. I wouldn't think it is and I am mechanically incline.

Even if A plumbing supply store doesn't have it, there is a couple of shops around here that should.

4. White Gardens

Bump.

So I'm looking for a diagram for the cable operated Valve Block for my under the hood setup.

Does anyone know where I can find one.

Thanks.