1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift cylinder issues

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chcav1218, Aug 8, 2009.

1. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I am having issues getting the lift cylinder on my MMI to lower all the way. there is the proper amount of fluid in the system and i have tried pushing down on it with the plow in Float mode. When i attempted to loosen the packing nut, i couldn't get it to budge even with a 2' monkey wrench. Whats next guys?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Make sure the truck is still on, and the Float light is on. Then use your foot to push the middle of the chain in. That should do it.

3. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

ill give that a shot tomorow

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Give that packing nut a good dose of Fluid Film. Wait a week or two and it should move.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

How slowly does the plow drop? could need to back the quill out a little. Throw a chain from the lift arm to something HEAVY (obviously lower then the end of the arm.) put the plow in float mode and jack the truck up.

6. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

the plow lowers at a normal rate. i sprayed some parts cleaner on there and just put on some fluif film. ill give it a try in a few days