1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lift arm ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by crown, Feb 16, 2006.

1. crown

crown Junior Member

Hey all,
    Great site. This is my first year plowing and so far so good. Could use more snow here in the Northeast.

I have a used fischer 8ft plow with minute mount 1 system. Whenever I park (and dismount) and lower the blade the lift arm does not fully compress. There is about 4" of shaft that remains open. Even when I try to push down on it, it still won't compress any thoughts as to why I cannot get the left arm all the way down?

thanks in advance
  2. foggyjr5

foggyjr5 Member

Get out and push down on it. It isn't a down presure system.wesport
  3. crown

crown Junior Member

i put my entire weight on it and cannot get it to budge. Is this a problem?
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Put the plow in float. you should be able to push the ram in until it bottoms out. Some times it can take a little force to get to go. It is normal for some to have some exposed before the yoke.

When you hooked up did you hook the chain up to short?
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2006
  5. vis

vis Senior Member
    from 4

leave the truck and plow on drop the blade and put it in float then push it down.... or have some one hold the joystick down while you push it down...should take minimal pressure...atleast mine does.

MM2's have a cable on a spring that pulls it all the way in when you drop the plow. very nice idea~

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

down once only

i think you are hitting the down on the stick twice and thats not float mode make sure when you drop the plow you only hit the stick once then the cylinder will go down all the way.
  7. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

been there, done that...make sure the green float light is on before getting out to lower all the way. If you shut the truck off it will not stay in float.
  8. crown

crown Junior Member

thanks to all the great responses. i am a dummy!!! & happy plowing