1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift arm

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hot_raud, Jan 30, 2004.

1. hot_raud

hot_raud Member

The lift arm on my meyer plow frame has two holes - when I bought the used plow, the pump was attached to the hole furthest from the truck. I read some where that the pump should be attached to the hole closest to the truck. The only reason I can come up with is that the plow will go up higher if the pump is in the first (closest) hole. But since my plow already goes up to the bottom of my homemade bumper, i wouldn't benefit from this. Are there any other reasons for using the closest hole instead of the further hole?
  2. Meyer/Diamond

Meyer/Diamond Sponsor

The hole that you use depends on what kind of lift unit you have. The "H" units (E-57H vs. E-57 or E-60H vs. E-60), are 2 inches taller than the standard height units, therefor need to connect farther out.

Since your pump is attached to the outer hole, I would guess that you bought an MDII which does come with the taller lift unit.
  3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

It will lift faster if you use the closer hole. But it will work the pump harder too....Rob
  4. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

If it works well in the furthest hole, use that one. As stated, its easier on the unit.