1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift Arm Length

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tmills65, Dec 18, 2008.

1. tmills65

tmills65 Junior Member
    from Ontario

I have inherited an e-47 plow setup and everything seems to be working OK. I had a question about the length of the lift arm. The one with the system appears to be a little short and doesn't lift allow the blade to lift or float down very much.

I just want to check two measurements. The overall length from the center of the pin on the hoop to the end of the arm (existing arm measures 12") and the length from the center of the pin on the hoop to the closest hole for the ram (measures 6.5").

Thanks

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

the closer the pin is to the hoop, the higher it will lift, but the motor and pump will work harder. the farther the pin is from the hoop, the lower it will lift, but the motor and pump will work easier.

3. tmills65

tmills65 Junior Member
    from Ontario

I have the pin in the hole closest to the hoop to provide maximum lift height. The arm looks like something someone made in their garage. Just wondering if they shortened the length and I should look at replacing it with one of the correct length.

4. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Factory Meyer lift arm, Classic style mount, E47 Pump...
    total length is 13"
    rear hole to where the chain lifts = 11.5"
    rear hole to the first hole (where I have my pump) = 6.5"
    rear hole to the 2nd pump mounting hole = 8.5" (this would give less lift)

5. tmills65

tmills65 Junior Member
    from Ontario

Thanks for the info. Just what I wanted to know.