1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lift are Question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by aperfcrcle, May 2, 2010.

1. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

hey guys, I just got my new truck with a Fisher Minute Mount installed on it and I have a problem. When it is fully lowered, the lift arm doesnt face all the way down.. I have loosened the bolt at the top of the the lift arm but the whole thing moves and starts dripping fluid out the bottom... I am really lost here, can anyone help? here are some pictures with it lowered..

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looks like your missing a U bolt on one side of the chain/a-frame connection. Will the arm compress with weight on it?
  3. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

The MM2 compresses with the spring and what not. I haven't seen a MM1 compress all the way down unless you went over a low spot. Hence float mode.
  4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

your lift is just fine :)
  5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

I can see the u bolt sittin on the ground in the picture so im gonna guess you took it off to take slack out of the chain. good start.
    Have someone sit inside and hold down on the down button on your controller, at the same time go ahead and manually push down (probly have to put some body weight on it) on the triangle to compress the cylinder to where you want it. You dont really want it to be all the way down, i would recommend pushing it down till there is maybe an inch or 2 of cylinder exposed, this allows for it to still follow the contour of the ground.
  6. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

hey guys, thanks for the responses.. Yea i took the U-bolt off to put some slack in the chain.. I have tried to have someone push the down lever inside and push on it but it wouldnt budge.. Maybe ill try to get someone big to sit on it next haha.. Ill keep you posted!
  7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Its supposed to be that way. Make sure the power to the plow is turned on, put your controller into "float", go outside the truck to the plow and put your entire body weight on the lift arm. It should lower the lift arm. It "should" be parallel with the plow if you are on a level surface.

The arm will NOT compress all the way down by itself UNLESS the plow dips down over an edge while plowing or you force it to. You should force it all the way down when dismounting since it will make it much easier to mount.

The Minute Mount 2's have a seperate cable with a spring on it that will pull the lift arm down every time you hit float, the Minute Mount 1's do not.
  8. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

sounds good.. I dont know if you read my signature of my company name, im not to sure i can sit on it and get it to lower haha.. I'll give it another shot though and let you guys know..
  9. plowguy43

haha- I'm a small guy myself- 5'7" just about 130 and I can get mine down pretty easily. When you are in the truck, does the blade drop fast or really slow? You may need to adjust your drop speed setting as well, which may make it easier to push down.
  10. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

If you cant get it to compress when pushing on the lift arm, sit on top of the moldboard and place your feet on the chain and push towards your truck. Thats the easiest way.
  11. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

I had a MM 1 and it was a pain the the as$ to get that thing down all the time. The MM 2 system is much nicer. Like Shane said, sit against the mold board and push, thay works pretty well. Make sure its in float mode.
  12. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

if it doesnt go down easy take a 3lb sledge and persuade the top of the lift triangle
  13. plowguy43

The guy who had my plow before me did that and its got a nice dent there now.
  14. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

hey guys... I tried all the things you guys said... It wont budge.. as a matter of fact it is higher then it used to be somehow and now the plow wont even touch the ground when its fully lowered... It is really beginning to piss me off.. anymore ideas?
  15. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

Disconnect the hydraulic line for the lift arm if all else fails......
  16. Pharoah72

Pharoah72 Junior Member
    from MD

Just remove the filler plug w/ an Allen (Hex) Wrench. As soon as it's out, the piston can be dropped all the way down with ease, you should never have to use a maul. Replace Plug and you are done.
    Lower A Fame should be Parrallel ground, there are two mounting postions to make this achievable based on truck frame height. Moldboard should be perpindicular.
    A-fram should bottom out on sub frame when lift all the way up.
    Lifting cylinder should still have plenty of travel.
  17. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

i tried that, when i did it fluid shot out everywhere and the arm still did not budge...
  18. aperfcrcle

aperfcrcle Senior Member

After battling with this effin lift arm since I got it, i finally fixed it.. it turned out to be superrrr air locked and jammed. What I did was loosen the hex nut (the black nut that the chrome cylinder shaft goes in), and opened the 2 alan head screws at the bottom of the shaft by the reservoir. It started leaking fluid everywhere and I waited till it stopped, but it still didnt budge. So then i got an old pillow and a big ole' sledge hammer and beat the piss out of the lift arm.. After shooting air and fluid all over the place, I was finally able to push it down. No damage to any of the pieces, and I can rest peacefully at night now knowing i fixed it hahah.. Just wanted to say thanks for all the suggestions, they all lead me in the right direction to fixing it!
  19. Pharoah72

Pharoah72 Junior Member
    from MD

glad to hear you fixed the problem!