1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lifetime Snow Plow Contract

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowMatt13, Feb 22, 2012.

1. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

You can get anything on ebay now....

LIFETIME DRIVEWAY AND WALKS SNOW PLOW AND SNOW BLOW SERVICE EAGLE CNTY COLORADO

Item condition: Like New

Time left: 1 day 5 hours (Feb 23, 201210:57:10 PST)

Bid history: 0 bids[Refresh bidhistory]

Starting bid: US $11,000.00

Your max bid: US $

Place bidPlace bidPlace bid
    (Enter US $11,000.00 or more)

Price: US $15,000.00 Buy It NowBuy It Now

Add to cart

2. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

That's all well and fine until you pay them $15000 and they never show up or they go out of business.

3. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

Who's lifetime, mine or the customers?

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I would thing if you sign up customers that are 80+ this would be a good thing :rolleyes:

5. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

If you are dumb enough to sign up for that contract you never should have had the money in the first place. The contractor must have taken a SIMA marketing class :D. Just kidding people!

6. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe it is the companies lifetime.... And they are on the verge of folding.

7. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

I just had to see it for myself :

"THIS IS A LIFETIME OF SNOW PLOWING (UNLIMITED) AND SNOW BLOWING SERVICE FOR YOUR DRIVEWAY (UP TO 100') AND WALKWAYS (UP TO 100') AROUND YOUR HOUSE. UPON PAYMENT, A CONTRACT WILL BE SETUP AND EMAILED FOR APPROVAL. YOU WILL NEVER PAY FOR SNOW PLOWING AND BLOWING SERVICES AGAIN, EVER! GET YOUR HUGE TAX WRITEOFF NOW SO I CAN PAY MINE. (EAGLE COUNTY COLORADO ONLY)"

It might be fine, just as long as there were a life insurance policy attached to it. I'd hate to see him fall off the edge of the mountain.

8. downtoearthnh

downtoearthnh Senior Member

I used to be a salesman for retail devices, and the term "lifetime" is limited to the reasonable expectation of the longevity of a product. In the case of plowing, that would be the fly by night taillight guarantee. That is, it is guaranteed until my taillights are no longer visible. Good luck to anyone who might consider this!

9. Mbrule

Mbrule Junior Member

Sign me up!

I will pay upon contract completion....

10. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

For that to be legit you would have to put most of it in an escrow or something. What a joke, I should put together a package like that. I wonder how many people will bite on that deal. A seasonal with a 100' of drive and walks would be $1100? So that's 13.6 years of service that you'd be paying for on the front side not including any interest:laughing: Doubt this guy will be around for the first 13.6" of snow let a lone 13.6 years. I should run a similar ad

11. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

If he gets one person to buy it I'd say he did pretty good.

12. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

That's a pretty ridiculous eBay listing.

13. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

I would like to see him prove shipping when the buyer files a Prey Pal claim to get his money back .

14. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

With 30 day terms of course!

15. Mackman

Mackman PlowSite.com Addict
    from S.E. PA

16. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

the guy sells dvd's & pocket knives. LOL