1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Life of Factory Paint

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Carversnowman, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Carversnowman

Carversnowman Junior Member

I have a question. I bought my plow new in 08. It's a 8' MM2 and just last week I took it out to get it ready for the season and noticed that the paint on the pump and the light tower was peeling. So I touched the paint on the pump and it all came off in one whole piece. Is this normal? the does the factory paint have a rep of sucking? I was afraid to touch the tower paint as I really don't want to paint the plow this time of year.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

just touch it up now and yes fisher is not the best it eather lasts yrs or it doesnt i never had good luck with it

3. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Rust oleum gloss black works wonders. Either in quart can or spray bomb. Scrape the loose stuff to where it's not flaking anymore, wirebrush it quick and paint it with a brush. I prefer the thicker coat of the brush but a couple coats of spray bomb works.

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you are talking about the paint on the electric moror. Those always look bad after a few years . The headgears like to rust up under the lights.I rust doctor everything that has any rust .

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i know i had a setup that rotted right trow so take care of it

6. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper Senior Member

Fluid Film is the answer to all of your problems in this thread. I've been coating my XV every year with great avail!

7. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

It doesnt help after he already has rust. rust doctor converts the rust to a paintable surface if you wanted to paint it it turns the rust black anyway.