1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

life is good

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stackitslamit, Jan 16, 2003.

1. stackitslamit

stackitslamit Junior Member

snows coming again, this makes #3 so far, not too bad for central illinois. feel for you guys up in minn and wisc. we waited till march 26 last year for a plowable event.
  2. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

YOU'RE STEALING MY SNOW!!!!!!! I am from northern Illinois and we not yet have had any snow to plow. The storm last night we got 1/2 an Inch!!!b It was heading right towards us and at the last minute dove south. Southern Illinois has had an event at least once a week the past month. I am getting worried up here. What is wrong with nature?
  3. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

She doesn't like some of us. Especially in the midwest this year.
  4. OffRoadPlow

OffRoadPlow Senior Member

No kidding....

She does not like Michigan very much this year...

5. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Yeah, I know Offroad. That storm is slidin right underneath like they all do. The only snow I've plowed this year is lake effect. Thank God for that. Are you getting any lake effect down there lately?
  6. OffRoadPlow

Lake effect, so far just dusting really. Around 10" to 16" total with just weather, not sure if it was lake effect, something like 4 then 4 then 7 then mostly dusting. There may have been another 3 or 4 somewhere in there, but it's been weeks, and I just want a real storm so I can at least justify some of the cost this year... Cant' wait,, hope we still get some good ones here...
  7. hiranger

hiranger Member

I'm down here in Peoria and we only got about an inch or a little
    more. Most of it is melting off this sunny afternoon. This winter sucks!!
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

sounds like you are getting the type of winter we had here in the northeast last year. We got a total of 10 inches i think all year. this year has completely flipped around, and have above avg snowfall so far. still a lot of the season left though, so maybe mother nature will help you out.
  9. ceaman

ceaman Senior Member

welcome to stackitslamit....:waving:
  10. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Gotta love El Nino. Gives southern states the northern states winter. oh well. At least some of you saw snow. All that I saw today was bare ground:(
  11. Doctordo

Doctordo Member

Try getting 30-34 inches in less than a week. I never thought I would say this that I am glad it has been little over a week since the last plowable snow. :waving:
  12. SDlawndawg

SDlawndawg Senior Member

Doctordo- I'll take some of that.
  13. OffRoadPlow

Send it... send it all. It's been two years since I wished it would slow down, I want to know what that is like again... Thanks, I will buy the first round when we are done... :drinkup: