1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lid system for Saltdogg spreader SHPE 2000

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by verticalbowonly, Feb 6, 2015.

1. verticalbowonly

verticalbowonly Junior Member

Just wondering if any of you came across an after market lid system for a Saltdogg 2 yard spreader? I've contacted the SaltDogg main office and they said that they do NOT make a plastic lid system. I'm getting sick and tired of fighting the black tarp that comes with the spreader.

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

I don't tarp mine at all. It's a pain in the ass.

3. MR. McBEEVEE

MR. McBEEVEE Junior Member

Hopper Lid

I just purchased two of the shpe 2250 and I also don't care for the tarp. I plan on attaching a 4x8 piece of plywood with hinges on each side. I will rip the plywood in half so I only have to handle a two foot piece at a time.. treated plywood and probably also paint it black. Just my thoughts.

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

No tarps here. Nothing but a pain to deal with.

5. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I was wondering if I could put snoway rolling tarp kit on my SPHE2000

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

someone should really invent something we can bolt on made of metal or poly, and that would be a sealable lid/splash shield when loading and if left open, can be additional storage for another yard..

think about what they make for the tops of the big john deere combines, some neat ideas there :p

7. donduck

donduck Junior Member

That's the biggest thing for me, keeping the salt out the bed of the truck! Getting loaded with a 4 yd bucket and a tired loader at 3 am I get most of it in the spreader the rest is in the bed, in between the cab and bed, on the roof and on top of the spinner.

8. collins590

collins590 Junior Member

I have also been looking for an aftermarket lid for my shpe 2250 i just picked up. We have a 3000 and they make the lids for that, but they are too big for the 2250. I just dont understand why they dont make the doors for all models if they make them for one!