1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

lid for meyer mini spreader?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mcfly89, Nov 9, 2005.

1. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

i have looked all over for a lid for my meyer mini spreader. noone seems to stock them or know where they can locate one. the spreader is part # 36000 and would be in excellent shape if i could find a new or used lid for it.
    thanks in advance

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Give me the measurements for it. I may have one that I found on the side of the freeway last year......Rob

3. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

looks like its approximately 24" square. it would be a godsend if you had one you were willing to sell.

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Ill go .look for it tomm, but Ill warn ya my boys may have thrown it away a month ago while cleaning out the garage. Kepp your fingers crossed....Rob

5. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

If you can't find a used one, I can make a fibreglass lid w/o the latches for approx $75.00 Canadian. I can also arrange shipping. I would just need the outside dimensions of the top of the hopper. You could also make a cover out of tarp material and shock cord very inexpensively also.

Darren

6. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

thanks for the offer darren. i can easily fab one out of aluminum, but id rather have original equipment...simply because its original, lol. fingers are crossed rob!! thanks for the responses fellas.

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Well I cant find it so either the boys hid it real well or its gone (sorry). i asked them but they dont remember anything about it. Well I had it anyways.....Rob

8. mcfly89

mcfly89 Senior Member

:confused: :cry: :help: thanks for looking anyway. looks like it will be aluminum lid this year, lol