1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liberty

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by royallawn, Mar 4, 2013.

1. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

anyone have a plow on a liberty? i saw where they make one for it. is the liberty tough enough? driving my daughters around in the snow i thought about how manuverable that thing is and what a great rig for tight places. one of these days she is going to want something new and since it is a 02 it won;t bring much. maybe vworth more to me.

2. NightTrain

NightTrain Junior Member
    from Jersey

I know a guy that has a Western Suburbanite on one. He only plows his own 200 ft long gravel driveway with it. Seems to do alright but he never lets it get too deep between pushes.

3. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

I don't know if you're still following this thread, but I just got a Snowbear for my '06 Liiberty. Installation was pretty easy - you put a 2" receiver on the front and mount the plow to that. Haven't had snow yet, so I can't comment on how it plows.

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I used a snoway on one with good result.

5. 05ram

05ram Member

I wonder if a boss utv v Plow would work. I have heard of people putting them on wranglers.

6. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

Had our first snow yesterday, about 4 inches. Overall, I was pretty happy with the Snowbear. No problem moving the snow. Ground wasn't really frozen so I picked up some rocks and dirt too, but it didn't seem to bother the Snowbear. The winch is very slow going up and down compared to hydraulics. The switch for the winch seems pretty cheesy, but I have the wireless for a backup. Goes on and off the Jeep fast and easily.

7. graycenphil

graycenphil Member

Worked fine with 8 inches tonight. Picture of the plow:

image.jpg