1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liberty light bar

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Whiffyspark, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I'm installing a new bar in place of an old one. To the best of my knowledge it didn't work. New bar is going to be wired to the upfitters he didn't want a control box. Anyone know if this has an output?

image.jpg

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

What heck is that wiff

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I have a Whelen Liberty light bar and I have no idea what that is

4. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I can't find an output wire on it. It's actually labeled for each color wire coming off the bar. 6 strand ran from the bar to that. I was trying to reuse it to make it easier but idk wtf it is. I figure it's a junction of some kind?

I guess I'm running everything into cab lol

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Most bars I've dealt with had a main power/ground and then had switch legs to turn on whatever. Wish I could help ya more.

6. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

If that's the only harness coming out of the bar then someone must have changed it out. Nothing I have seen.

7. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

There's a regular 6 strand coming out of bar down to that junction. Junction is mounted in side locker. And I can't find nothing else. Since he doesn't want a switch box I assume I'm going to have to wire most of that 6 strand into one switch. Or might do two

8. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

These are the switch legs. This bar didn't even have a power wire but not worried about that.

Why can't eveeything be the same lol

9. dieselss

So that's the remote box. Maybe just find out which wire does what and eliminate most of that mess

10. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

This is a pic of the wiring on my Justice bar. Similar to the liberty. You should have two big power wires coming out of the bar like you see in my pic. The blue and black wires. Then a bunch of #22 wires look like phone cable wires. Depends how your bar is set up. The Liberty I have I can control each corner module also have a traffic director in mine as well as control the in board and out board lights.

Whelen Justice wireing.jpg

11. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

I tried googling it and couldn't find it either lol

image.jpg

12. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Does anyone know where to find the damn part number on these bars?

image.jpg

13. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Got it working. Cut all that crap out and wired it right.

14. dieselss

Lol. Do it right the first time

15. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Part number is on the underside of the bar. Whelen website would have saved you time too.