1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liability Insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Yardcrew, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Yardcrew

Yardcrew Junior Member

Hey guys new to commercial side of plowing. I have done driveways for 5 years. I have liability insurance for the mowing side of the business but never purchased for snow removal because I just did few drives here and there. Well I moved to commercial side this year and called a few places and was surprised by the insurance cost. I am the owner and operator of the business so no employees for now I might have helper from time to time. One place wanted 2,000 down and $700 a month for liability for mowing and plowing. So I guess my question is who are you guys using and what should I be paying. Thanks for any help

2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I know it snows in Texas on a occasion and it melts in hours, is there really a call for it?

Your costs are not out of line.

3. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Yardcrew, the cost of insurance varies wildly from state to state and even county to county sometimes. I strongly suggest that you contact a local independent insurance agent in your area that has expertise in construction insurance. They will likely lead you down the right path.
    Ben/Insurance