1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liability Insurance

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mylawn03, Jan 19, 2004.

1. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

I'm looking to purchase a liability insurance policy for my snow plowing business. What companies offer this type of insurance, and how much did it cost you? Thanks guys for any input you can offer. :waving:

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I just bought some last week,The carrier is Secura cost me 1000.00 for a million dollars coverage. You ahve to have it to cover your butt in case of a slip and fall.

Regards Mike

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Since liability insurance is kind of a "thing" with me, I'm interested in knowing how this goes. mylawn03, would you post and show how this goes for you? Reason is that your profile shows you being 18 years old and flykelley as 46. I would like to see how much difference this makes in the premium for your area. The other main factor will be how many years each of you have in the industry.

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

mylawn,

do a search on this topic at the top of the page. this very thing has been discussed a lot. you will get a ton of great information from this site on that very subject.

good luck my friend ...:)

5. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Ok, got a policy set-up. Cost me one hell of penny, but at least now I know if something happens I'm takin care of. I got no-fault insurance for the truck, I insured the plow for $3000.00 and got 500,000/1,000,000 liability for both the winter and summer for just over 2 grand. I went through an insurance broker, but I believe the company issuing the policy is Zurich.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Thanks, mylawn03. Just as a comparison - My commercial vehicle ins for a '90 Dodge 1/2 ton and one ton Chevy is $1323 and liability for $300,000 is around $600. I got a quote the other day for 1,000,000 - around $900. So, considering we're in different parts of the country and in different circumstances - it's running about the same.

At least you should be able to sleep at night not worrying whether you'll lose everything in a lawsuit.

7. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Amen'! :salute: