1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

liability insurance??

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by junker1, Dec 4, 2012.

1. junker1

junker1 Junior Member
    from maine

Probably been asked before so sorry for the repeat.

My liability insurance for plowing commercial lots is for slip and fall. it has to do with MY plowing of these lots, how good I do it.how well i get the ice off. correct??

If My insurance is going to cover the slip and fall and everything else that goes with it shouldnt I be able to set the price and the times? of course within reaason.

to leave the property owner completly harmless of any accidents and he/she has absolutley no worries then I should be getting paid well for my services.

2. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

rest assured is someone sue do to slip and fall... they are going to sue everybody, you the snow plow guy, the property owner, the company that paved the lot, mother nature , santa claus etc. the reason is this the more defendant the more they can mile each insurance company

3. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Unless you have extremely detailed info of you rlots, the date and times of weather and date, time, truck, etc of when you where there, you will get sued. And even with all that, you will be pulled into court. The liability Ins is just to protect you and your business from loosing everything.

4. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

The short answer is yes. If you are liable, then you decide when to plow and or sand, and the customer pays accordingly. The reason insurance has gotten unaffordable is contractors have been assuming all liability while giving up control of when and how to the property management co or the customer.

5. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

Great answer. Noone understands this. I say it to clients all the time and they disagree with me. Lots of clients flat out say they want us to assume all liability but no salt. Or something like that