1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

liability for plowing only; wont be salting

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 93CobraCPR, Oct 24, 2004.

1. 93CobraCPR

93CobraCPR Junior Member

If I only plow will I still be liable for slip/fall?

I'm trying to get contract set-up but haven't found one to help out that ONLY deal with plowing. The contracts that are linked though this site have salt/sanding in them. I see some people send to e-mails could I get some. PLEASE!!!

ANY Pros advice appreciated!!
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

from pa

i agree with mick but dont plan on getting commercial accts by not offering salting
  4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I am going to agree here. You must at least offer salting. You can always sub contract the salting portion of the account if the customer requests or requires salting. My plowing income is 90%+ commercial accounts. I have only 1 account at this time that wants salt(my largest account). All the others refuse and will not pay for any type of ice management. We just clearly state in our contracts that the property owner has refused and is responsible for their own ice management and because of that we are not responsible for slips or falls. I have however just presented a bid on a good size commercial account that included a complete package of snow removal and ice management. These people want their complex to be basically liquid at all times. It will require at a minimum, 2 people on site from the time it starts snowing. I will know next week whether I got the contract or not. Could mean some very BIG $$$$$$$. They spent almost $40k in 6 events last year.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2004
  5. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

thanks for the "salt management" info, I too have no customer wanting anything to do with salting, and they are all commercial. I offered salting before to justify the expense of the spreader and they all said no. But I'm re-doing my contract and will include a box that can be checked that states ex actually what you said.

thanks again