1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Liability Contracts?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Cobra1832, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Cobra1832

Cobra1832 Junior Member
    from Ma

Hi Guys,

First I would like to thank the members of the site for the information they provide here. It really is helpful for a newbie like myself.

2 years ago I got my plow because I live on a private road and the town would not touch it. So, I plowed my road, and driveway, the neighbors house for a small sum and about 4 other driveways for friends and family. This year though I am looking to pick up about 10-15 clients. Call me old school but I don't like big contracts. I do however want to cover myself from liability as much as I can. So, I guess what I am asking is....what wording do you have in your contracts for liability?

Thanks again you guys rock!

2. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

I use a basic servic agreement for residentials and have in there that the propety/homeowner is resposible for Ice Control for saftey.

Frankly....I dont think that matters a lot, and thats why I have a load of insurance.

You should too.

3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

My insurance guy and my lawyer says behind every iron clad contract there is a lawyer with a cutting torch.Some how some way somewhere a lawyer can get thru every contract so load up on INSURANCE.

RCGM
    Brad