1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LH headlight on 2010 hd 2500 Dodge won't work

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by littlebear, Nov 28, 2011.

1. littlebear

littlebear Junior Member

I have a Western 8' poly pro plow, I’ve talked to my dealer he has no answers. I have a 2010 dodge 2500 after hooking up all harness Without hooking plow up my LH headlight won’t work. If I trace power from LH light to 3 port isolation module there is power to it but none coming back out going to headlight. My dealer let me try a brand new module but same results, he let me try a new harness but nothing changed, I double checked the neutral or ground wires & they seem to be right. When I checked for continuity to ground on plug going to LH headlight there was none nor was there 12 V on low or high ,But on RH there was. If I unhook plow harness & re hook factory wiring it will work again. My plow lights work if I hook up plow. Please help as I am at a loss. My dealer has done a wonderful job But he cannot come up with anymore answers.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Does your truck have two or three pins at the headlights? If there are two pins / wires and two seperate bulbs for high and low beams then it may be that you have to flip the plugs where the original headlight wires connect to the Western headlamp harness. On some GM's this can be an issue but only the vehicles with four headlight bulbs. Perhaps you could test the orientation of power to the truck light plugs from one side to the other just to verify there is nothing miswired from the factory. High, low and ground should be the same on both sides.

3. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

did you use the configuration plug? it is a 2 pin plug on the iso harness.

4. mishnick

No lead has a great point... If you have the configuration port (a three wire open plug right beside the two fuses by the isolation module port 1 / A) then you may need to switch the wires. The book says the left hand low beam will fail if the configuration port is wrong.

5. littlebear

littlebear Junior Member

2010 dodge lights

I do have a 3 terminal light system,I've checked for grnd. in center of plug & voltage on the outside terminals, everything is good up to the isolation port but coming out there is nothing on the LH side not even continuity to grnd. on the center terminal. I have tried to switch the configuration port but nothing changes. There is no power or ground to the LH side with the plow harness hooked up

6. mishnick

With the three pin single headlamps there is no way to get them missoriented so that is not the problem. I am wondering what headlamp harness you have? Do you know the part number it had on the box? Some of the three plug headlight harnesses have two ways you can plug in the vehicle headlamp cable, the big black plug will say HB3 on one side and HB5 on the flip side. If you have this it is possible that one is reversed. Beyond that I would have suggested a new isolation module but you have already tried that. What type of bulbs does your truck have? I mean what is the number on them? HB3, HB5, H13?

7. littlebear

littlebear Junior Member

part #s

I have following parts which might help you 28800,26431,33884,29049,28027-2,29070-1,56131-1 Bulbs in truck are H-13 Hope this may help