1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LGH Torsion Bars??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by LawnSmith, Nov 18, 2001.

1. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

well, i decided to go check out my torsion bars after all this LGK, LGL, whatever stuff being discussed between my buddy and i. i saw the sticker and it said "LGH". i have a Rough Country 2-3" lift on my truck and it came w/ way thicker bars than stock. my question is, what the heck are the LGH bars from or how "heavy duty" are they? like i said they are considerably thicker than the stock 1/2 ton units.

another reason i was asking is because i have a Pathfinder 7.5 TE II that weighs in at 730 lbs. hanging off the front and it didnt squat near as bad as expected.

i went ahead and put on 3/4 ton spring packs in the rear along with an add-a-leaf because i have a SnowEx mini spreader along with nearly a full pallot of salt/ice melt in the rear. those things act as a pretty good ballast.

anyway, what are the LGH bars?

thanks in advance.
  2. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

Me thinks I have seen, in order of increasing capacity,

D,F,G,H,K and L bars

D was seen once on el-cheapo short box 1/2tons
    F is standard on half tons
    G is standard on Z-71's
    H is the HD 1/2 ton upgrade or standard on 3/4 tons
    K is standard on 1/2 ton diesels, or HD for 3/4 tons
    L is standard for 1 tons, and 3/4 ton diesels.

I have owned most of them, and as my trucks have been getting bigger each time I buy, I now have the L's in my 3/4 ton diesel. It holds up an 8'2" Boss just fine. Spills the coffee a bit though.
  3. LawnSmith

LawnSmith Member

thanks for the great response!