1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Lexan maintainance

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by beungood, Feb 16, 2006.

1. beungood

beungood Member

Is there anything I can put on the lexan to help roll the snow better? Ive noticed a little sticking just above the cutting edge near the middle os the blade and a little toward each end. Will Plexiglass cleaner I use on my Harley Windshield work? Or possibly car wax or Pam cooking spray?
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. It'll cost you more buying cooking spray and getting out and spraying it than it will just pushing snow. Try butcher's wax though. If it doesn't fog the lexan, it would probably wear better than the cooking spray.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway recommends cleaning with soap and water only. They make no recommendations on other coatings. I would check with GE, the makers of lexan on what can be used on their product with-out harmng it. They recommend no solvents, brakekleen, gum cutter, etc. be used. I've always used soap and water. you could call or email snoway tech, the link at the top will take you there.
  4. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

Give it a bath with soap and water, dry it, then apply a coat of carnuba paste wax. In a perfect world, wax before each storm.

At the end of the season you can apply 3M plastic polish and finish with paste wax.