1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Levelling a 2013?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by burtonboards32, Jul 14, 2013.

1. burtonboards32

burtonboards32 Junior Member

I am looking to level my 2013 F350 diesel crew cab short bed Lariat and install GoodYear Duratrac tires in size 325/60-20 on stock rims. I am unsure of which plow to go with, but I am considering the new Fisher XV2, an XBlade or Xtreme V. Do any of you have similar setups? Any suggestions or remarks as to how the truck will/should perform with this setup while plowing?

2. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

I have the same set-up but it is a 2012. No leveling kit but I have the XLS installed on it and was worried that it may need Timbrens. Turns out I was worried about nothing it carries it fine just the way it was delivered.
  3. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

i had the 325-60-20 dura tracs on stock wheels at stock and leveled and they rubbed on my truck when the plow was on so i ended up taking them off. they kept losing balance also. i was told the stock wheels were not wide enough.
  4. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

I just picked up a 9.6 today and the truck handles it fine. 2011 350. factory height. I have 2" leveling coils for the front just havent put them in yet.

5. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

I tried the 325/60/20 on my truck and removed them shortly after. They were nitto trail grapplers. If you want to go bigger tire and are going to use a level kit...I'd go with 315/60/20. Fits with minimal rubbing. The 325 tire is too big for factory rim.
  6. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

What leveling Coils do you have? I would like to level mine but don't really care for spacers.
  7. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

If you have a 2013 F 350 powerstroke and it has snowplow prep package it comes with a 6K front axle. You can put on just about any plow you want, you need no leveling kit , they do nothing.
  8. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

i get that a lot of people like the look of the big, fat tires, but it is fact that a narrow tire is better in the snow. i dont understand why people look to setup their trucks for plowing, and immediately want a wider tire?

if you like the look of a wide tire, then run them in the spring/summer/fall. but if you are serious about plowing and are more concerned with traction than looks in the snow, then get a narrow dedicated snow tire and run it only in the winter season.

i run a 235 tire on my one ton and would never run anything else. one winter an early storm surprised me and i had yet to get my snow tires on the truck. i plowed for about 1 hour with my 12.5" wide mud tires. traction was ok at best, but nothing compared to what i was used to. mid storm i swapped on my 235 tires and it was like a new truck. a 325 tire is even wider at 12.8".

there are plenty of people who say their truck plows just fine with a 325 tire, and i'm sure it does, but those same people would be amazed at how much better the same truck would do with a 235 tire (or even a 265 tire).

just something to consider as you look to setup your plow truck.