1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling OBS towing mirrors

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NCat496, Nov 7, 2009.

1. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

decided to level my OBS camper style mirrors, easy project but with 2 people it goes fast because its hard to hold the mirror and put the bolts in at the same time. In the picture with the washers it shows 4 but i ended up taking one off because the mirror was pointed more doenwards. and i forgot to take before pictures but you all know what they look like not level.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

the only thing i did not like about doing this project was around the white circle there is a little gap because of bringing the mirror down. no big deal just have to spray some FF in there so it doesnt get corroded in there.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looks pretty good. Ready to tow anything :nod:
  4. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Nice!!!! Sometimes I just wonder what some of these designers/engineers are thinking when they do things like angling the mirrors. Definitely looks better.
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That looks great. You have a nice looking fleet, I want to have fleet like that one day.
  6. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Did it make any difference in what you can see, or blind spots?
  7. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

It didnt get rid of any blind spots, but i can definatly see better, everyting behind me doesnt look cocked upwards now.
  8. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

I know what you are saying. And who was the guy that took a look at the new HD chevys and said "man thats a good looking truck, now lets sell it". they must have been on a hangover that day and didnt feel like working on it anymore.
  9. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Thanks man, i have to say im fortunate that i have 3 guys and 1 girl that take pride in keeping my comaanys trucks clean, i dont ask them to they just do it because they know the more they take care of the equipment the bigger their paycheck is. :drinkup:
  10. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Damn!!!! You did it!!!!!1

Looks much better right?
  11. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

oh yeah looks much better. how many washers did you end up using to get them level?
  12. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Just what you did!

I had 4 but it looked like they were pionting down...So I used 3.

Looks Great!
  13. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

did you have a gap like i posted in my last picture?
  14. Polarisrider

Polarisrider Member

so you only need to add three washers to the top left bolt? that is all it takes to level these mirrors? or am I missing something?
  15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good! I've been meaning to do mine but havn't gotten longer bolts.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

before pics?
  17. Troy5061

Troy5061 Member

Did you put washers on both the top bolts or only the one like pictured?