1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling Kits?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by exmark, Nov 4, 2010.

1. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I am looking at leveling kits right now on ebay for my truck. Its going to be a two inch leveling kit with shock extenders. If you have one on your f.250 please give me all the feed back you have pros cons everything. And the reason for putting one on is for plowing to help hold the plow up a little bit. And for look and I am planning to put bigger tires like 33s or 35s for next winter. Thanks

Also are the shock extenders worth the extra money?

2. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

check out timbrens. It will firm up the front, add some lift and you cant beat them for plowing. One jack, two bolts and you are done!

I

3. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Yeah I looked at timbrens but I wanted something more to lift the front end because im looking at getting bigger tires as well after winter though.

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

It all depend on what you want to spend. You can get a $99 kit that will do the job. Or you can spend 700 on a Icon that comes with new springs up front and NICE shocks all the way around.. Just don't do the shock extensions. If you buy a cheeper leveling kit just go buy you a set of 2 inch longer shocks for the front.
    Robert

5. OHSIX6OH

OHSIX6OH Junior Member
    from Maine

When I bought my truck it didnt have the plow prep and with a 9ft fisher it looked like a GM when I raised the blade. I took care of the problem with a set of 7000lb front springs and a 2 " leveling kit from a guy in New Hampshire that makes them .The kit was about a hundred bucks all aluminum parts ,Even came with caster cams. The truck rides awsome and only squats about 1/2 " when blade is raised. I will see if I can find the info on the kit its top notch for the money. Took about 2 hrs in the driveway to install with new springs.

6. OHSIX6OH

OHSIX6OH Junior Member
    from Maine

Before and after
    DSCF4550.jpg

06 f-350.jpg

DSCF4550.jpg

06 f-350.jpg

7. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Wow big improvement for sure. Yeah I saw that kit the all aluminum one, there's a ton to choose from but the 2 inch with out shock extenders is like 70 bucks so I figured might as well and with the extenders its 112 so I wasn't sure ill probably just do the spacers for the springs.

8. jasonz

jasonz Senior Member

I got mine from rough country

I think it was a 2.5" lift or so, I never had the plow on before the lift but on my old 99 f250 with my MM on it that thing looked like a drag car.

On my new one you can see before and after with and without the plow, without the plow it sits perfectly level and with the plow it barely sags at all. The kit came with everything including new shocks.

http://www.roughcountry.com/ and I think I paid about $450.

before
    [​IMG]

after

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. OH350Crew

OH350Crew Junior Member
    from NE Ohio

I put a 2.5" from Summit Racing SUM-G782

Before and after pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. exmark

exmark Senior Member

The trucks look sweet. I was looking at my truck and right now the front ends only an inch or so lower than the tail end. But my thought is after having the plow on all season that it will wear those coil springs down a little and the result will be lower on the front end. I think im still going to order the one off ebay and keep it and install it when I get a chance.

11. six4powerstroke

six4powerstroke Member
    from CHICAGO

i also installed the 7000lb springs and a 1.5in leveling kit from topguncustomz and trucks rides awesome with or without plow.