1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling kits for GMT-900

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by JBano13, Dec 22, 2009.

1. JBano13

JBano13 Member

Has anyone tried the Top Gun Customz 2.5" Leveling kit for a GMT-900? I want to give it a shot but I don't know if they look strong enough.

2. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Just keys right? They should be strong enough, a cheaper way out is GM green keys though, not sure on the part number. Where in MA are you?

3. JBano13

JBano13 Member

No they aren't keys the gmt-900 don't level like that I don't believe. They are spacers if you just search for them you can see for yourself and let me know what you think.

4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I take it you are talking about the 1/2 ton models then. They have coil springs so yes the spacers would work. On the 3/4 tons you would need the torsion bar keys

5. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

I'm pretty sure the 1/2 ton models still use torsion bar front suspension, I looked quick and a few lift companies are offering leveling kits for 1500 trucks that consist of keys and blocks.

6. JBano13

JBano13 Member

7. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Looks ok, I noticed the 07 model trucks use the old style torsion bar front end, and 08 and up use coils, I didn't know that, all the 2500/3500 trucks still have tbars.

8. JBano13

JBano13 Member

Yup, I just wasn't sure if they looked like they'd hold up but I think I'm just going to order them. Thanks!