1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leveling kits and plowing

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by 04superduty, May 8, 2004.

1. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

I want to get Donahoe racings 3" leveling kit for my truck and the required tires. (not sure if i want to get 32's or 33's) does anyone run this setup or something close to it. I have a boss plow and want to make sure i can keep the plow at the right height. Now i have 2 more holes in the under carriage to lower the plow down. I also want to make sure i dont have and tire clearance problems. :D :D

2. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I have a 3" leveling kit (shackle lift with factory X springs in front and add-a-leaf in the rear) and run 295/75/16's (34X13.25X16) in my 03. I don't have any problems with clearance, but mine also sits extremely high, its actually about 2" taller than a buddies truck that has a 4" lift and 35's. If you are going to uses the same tires for plowing as you do in the summer I would run 305/70/16's (33X12.50X16). They should give you enough clearance with the plow on in the winter and also look nice like a nice size in the summer.

3. 04superduty

cool, thanks for the info Team Yamaha. do you have any problems with your plow sitting to high?? WIth the back being to high and causing your cutting edge to grab?

4. Team_Yamaha

I fabricated brackets to drop the pin height. I ended up needing to drop mine 8" to get the A-frame back to the right height. Hope this helps, anything else you need just ask. Good luck with the truck!!

5. 04superduty

Yeesh you had to drop it 8" ?? thats quite alot. hopefully i wont have to lower mine that much but now i have 2" more to lower my sub frame bracket thing. I dont have x springs so that should make a difference. With my plow i am right on the weight limit for the front axle.

6. Team_Yamaha

Right now I can actually fit 37's under my 03 with just the factory X-springs the 3" shackle lift :D When the truck was stock I was running the 295's in the summer and switching back to the stock 265's in the winter. I actually just found a couple of pics that I took this winter with my truck sitting next to my buddies 01 F-250 with a 4" lift and 35's. With the plow up and the sander fully loaded in back, both trucks are sitting at the same height front and rear when I have the rear air bags pumped up.

7. Fuzzys69

Fuzzys69 Junior Member

2003 F-250

i have a 2003 F-250 ex cab short bed, i have a 4in procomp lift in it with 35" tires, can i still plow with it, i am buying a fisher x-blade. in the winter i am going to go to 265/75/16 or 285/75/16, will i have to lower the plow down any? or will it be fine?
    thanks for the help