1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

leveling kitquestion

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Geary44, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Geary44

Geary44 Senior Member

hey guys. i have timbrens on the front of my 2008 dodge ram 1500 quad cab hemi. . . but im thinking about putting a leveling kit on the front of my truck so it looks better with the plow on or off. My first question is, will putting on a leveling kit with the timbrens be ok? i mean will the leveling kit raise the truck so that the timbrens would be useless ? and will the truck keep its factory ride. and finally should i go with a 2" or a 2.5" because i want it to be level i dont want the front higher than the back or vice versa..
    thanks Geary

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Try supercoils. They're much more rigid and I believe give you a little lift also. I have a 2.5" leveling kit going in tomorrow and plan on doing a 3" block + airbags in the rear and supercoils in the front this summer. The leveling kit was only $70 or so from Hell Bent Steel so that will have to do until I have consistant $$ coming in during the summer months.
    ** edit: I cant speak as far as ride quality with the supercoils though.