1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Jaysled, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Jaysled

Jaysled Member

2. wkahler

wkahler Senior Member

When i had my 2001 F-250 in installed the firestone air bags ont he front and they did a great job on the lift and also didnt allow the plow to bring the front end down at all.

3. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

I'm assuming it's a 2005 MY or newer truck?

You'll not only need the spacers, but you'll need a kit that includes the tracking bar bracket spacers too. If you don't, you'll see that the front axle will offset to the drivers side. It also helps to have a kit that has the provisions to relocate the brake hose brackets. When you install the axle spacer under the spring cup, it moves the mounting point for the brake hose higher.

Just my .02¢

4. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

I installed a level kit on a older superduty then yours, and I had to adjust the plow

it was all fairly simple though

I did get the kit off someone on Ebay, but this was like 7 years ago I dont remember who

5. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

Zambonie is right. I bought one similar and took it right back off as the truck dog tracks without the relocating braket. I bought a kit for my 2011 and it had the spacers and relocation brakets and 1" rear blocks, u-bolts and my truck looks awesome. There is still a slight steering wheel turn after new camber bushings but the alignment is on.