1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by boston41, Jun 1, 2011.

1. boston41

boston41 Junior Member

Alright so I finally got my new Tundra. Now I want to level it out. I have looked into RevTek and Truxxx and some other companies, but what I want to know is has anyone had to replace their stock shocks or springs? Also does anyone makes a lift that won't get crushed when the plow gets installed?

2. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

I just ordered Bilstein 5100's from shockwarehouse.com. Join Toyotasolutions.com (a forum). Lots of tundra pics. I have a 2010 tundra 4X4, congrats on the new truck, you will LOVE it

3. boston41

boston41 Junior Member

I was looking at the Bilstein but everywhere I call they say the don't have any for the 2011. there can't be that much difference between a 2010 and 2011 suspension wise, is there?

4. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Did you call Shockwarehouse.com? They might be able to give you some more info...excellent customer service. I know they sell them as fast as Bilstein ships them out so they could be out of them. Good luck! Im not sure about the difference between the 2 though.

5. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

I was just reading that they fit 2007-2011....

6. boston41

boston41 Junior Member

Thanks alot I really appreciate the info.

7. matts27

matts27 Senior Member
    from CT

Check out www.toyteclifts.com or give em a call. Sell aftermarket OME springs that'll take 200-500+ extra pounds and level the truck out. OME's work well on my truck, Matt

8. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

I finished up the Bilstein 5100's on the truck. If you need any help, I can walk ya through what you did. Or drive to Chicago, we will install them for ya at the firehouse...cook you a good dinner but since you are the guest you have to buy Ice Cream ;)

[​IMG]

9. wanagofaster

wanagofaster Junior Member
    from MD

ToyTec is the way to go

10. boston41

boston41 Junior Member

Your a fire fighter to?

11. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Yea Career Firefighter. Currently an Acting Lieutenant/Paramedic. Combination department right outside Chicago:drinkup:

12. boston41

boston41 Junior Member

No kiddin. I just took the Lieutenants Exam last. Lets just say I didn't do so great. Gotta hit the books hard this time around. Oh and I did call shockwarehouse.com and got those Bilsteins, already have them installed and now I have to get the push plates and wiring put on for the plow. Probably going to end up getting a bigger set of tires to.

13. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Yea they are an interesting test. Are you on Boston? Sweet...I had a good transaction with shockwarehouse. They send they do a good volume of shocks and sometimes they are out of stock, had mine within a week though. Do you have a picture of the truck?

14. boston41

boston41 Junior Member

Those tests suck, lol. In all honesty the entire test had maybe 15 questions related to the fire service. They were asking questions about congress, I mean really come on! Yea I'm on Boston, I work on Engine 41, hence the name I guess, its just easier to remember. And yes your right they are great to deal with. they were out of stock at the time I ordered the shocks but as soon as they came in they were shipped to me. And unfortunatley I don't have any pics of the truck. goin to get some on here after I get the chrome mirror covers I ordered, because some ****** bag decided it would be funny to take the passenger side off while I was eating dinner with my family in a restaurant. So now it looks stupid with the chrome package except for the mirrors.

15. Weenuk

Weenuk Senior Member

I installed the Rancho Quick lift with MYRide suspension on my 2005 Tundra. Able to set my suspension float with a wireless hand held unit. This sure helped with front end sag from stock shocks. I looked at installing leveling kits. All most were are blocks that are installed in the springs that can break under the stress of heavy plows and extreme cold weather. Reason I went with an entire suspension upgrade......