1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling Kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sully853, Dec 7, 2010.

1. sully853

sully853 Junior Member

Hey guys looking to pick up a leveling kit for christmas and am just wondering which ones people have had good experiances with and how hard they are to install im no master mechanic but i can hold my own.So far im considering ethier a daystar or procomp kit that includes new keys and shock extenders and both are priced pretty good right around 130$. If anyone has had any experiance installing these please let me know level of difficulty and how long.
    Thanks, Let it Snow!
  2. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

I have truxx lift in my chevys
  3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Unless your stock TB bolts are maxxed out you don't need keys. The shock extenders will help with your ride though. Maxxing your stock keys out and putting new keys in are the same difference. You can only go so high before you bottom out the control arm.
  4. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

Take your $130 and put it towards a cognito leveling kit. Then you will have the truck leveled the right way Thumbs Up
  5. Subseven

Subseven Member

I used a Zone kit on my 1500.
  6. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

They /Cognito/ really have their ***** together when it comes to Chevy products.

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Or you could just buy the shock extenders for $25 and find a set of Ford F150/Expedition keys a lot cheaper.
    That is all they are when you buy the 2" torsion keys under a different name.
  8. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Yet to see a a 2500 hd that needed the keys.
  9. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

My bars are turned up all the way. I have the cognito kit. Truck is not perfectly level, but pretty close.
  10. Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn Member

I just put a truxx kit in my truck this last weekend, 3 in the front 1 int the back, $200 took 2 hours to do