1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling Kit?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by bdover21, Dec 2, 2010.

1. bdover21

bdover21 Member
    from Iowa

Is it bad on your front end to plow with a leveling kit? I know plowing with the torsion bars cranked up is bad on the ball joints and such. Can anyone help me here? My 2500HD plow mounts hit the ground every once in awhile and it bothers me. I am going to go from a 245 to a 265 or 275 tire to provide a little height. Thanks.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Not sure who you are getting your info from but you will be fine, a 275 tire?

3. jerseydrew

jerseydrew Senior Member
    from jersey

leveling kit is the same idea as cranking the bars for an IFS suspension. in my eyes it's fine. most truck guys do this for looks and are just fine. also if you have a plow that drops 1.5 -2 inches when the plow is up and you add 2 inches with a level kit then when you have the plow up in the air you are at factory ride height. don't see any problems with this as long as you don't go with a crazy tall kit. 1.5-2 inch level is fine for the truck.

4. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

you should be fine, just get an alignment after you either turn them up or use a kit...

5. mossman381

mossman381 2000 Club Member

You should be fine. But if you want to level your truck the right way, get a Cognito leveling kit. Well worth the money.