1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling kit or Timbrens???

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by mightymow, Nov 9, 2010.

1. mightymow

mightymow Junior Member

hi i am new to the forum and i am putting a snowdogg md75 on my 2007 ram 1500 for this winter and i was wonder if i should just put a leveling kit on the front for 100 bucks or go with the timbren kit for 200????

2. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Timbrens hands down.

3. mightymow

mightymow Junior Member

are they basically just rubber bump stops???

4. snowtech

snowtech Member

mightymow, i just had them installed on one of my trucks. just looking at them yes, they appear to just be "rubber bump stops" my understanding (and being that i am not a mechanic i may be wrong) is that they are to help if the truck bottoms out to cushion the impact and hopefully prevent cracked frame or other outcomes of hard metal on metal contact. just another option (if on a chevy or other independent front suspension) is to crank up your torsion bars. that might get you over an inch of lift

5. snowtech

snowtech Member

oops i dont think the torsion bars ar an option on the dodge (but again im not a mechanic) sorry

6. LON

LON Senior Member

check your PM box

7. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

I have timbrens and a leveling kit on my F350.
    The Timbrens have an hourglass shape, and work well. The more load you put on them the harder they work for you.....

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The Timbrens will essentially increase your spring rate, reducing the amount of sag as you lift the plow.

A leveling kit just starts the sagging at a higher point.

9. equip guy

equip guy Member

Timbrens all the way, I have them on all my trucks, doesn't effect your ride comfort when plow off, and saves your front end from dipping when there is a load. Takes 20 min per side, basic hand tools, heck you some times don;t have to remove the tire. Very basic set up, but effective