1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling kit installed *pic*

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks' started by MC94XR7, Dec 17, 2015.

1. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

I got the front jacked up 3". my rear is an inch lower than the front now. I may raise the rear by 2". Let me know what you think. I'm gonna put on a Western Pro Plow Series 2. I'm expecting a 1" drop in the front end which would lever her out but the rear will also drop after I load her up with 500lb of ballast. Let me know what you would do. Am I doing alright? Am I all wrong? Let me know. I know flack my be coming my way. Bring it on but educate me while you're doing it.

Tundra.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  2. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

If you added 3" up front and are 1" shorter in the rear, when you add 2" to the rear won't that make the leveling kit pointless? Maybe it's over my head..

3. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

First I'd add another inch in the rear to level it out. Then when you put the plow on and it sits an inch lower I'd add another inch lift there. And then when the rear is lower because you've added another inch to the front I'd add another inch there, etc...etc...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Inch me pinch me

5. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

So if I'm understanding right, the truck must be level when plowing?

6. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Instead of wasting money on a million leveling kits at a shop why don't you just do your lift like you want.

7. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Yes, this. OP, whoever told you that the truck has to sit level when plowing? This very rarely happens. Put your plow on and push some snow and quit fiddling around.

8. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

Thank you. That's all I needed to know. I'm gonna jack the back by 2" so I dont look like a goof while driving lol

9. ggb6259

ggb6259 Senior Member
    from SW MI

Whats the truck got to do with what you look like in it?

10. ThatGuySnowPlow

ThatGuySnowPlow Member

Why not just buy a Timbren Suspension Enhancement System and just leave what you have already.

11. cbservicesllc

cbservicesllc PlowSite Fanatic

This......

12. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Plow kits are designed for a STOCK vehicle, not goofy front end lifts. The factor that determines compatibility is HEIGHT. Nothing at all to do with the angle made between the truck's frame and the ground. Your objective is to have the plow's A-frame level, which means that the point it mounts to the truck is predetermined.

13. Badlandsexc

Badlandsexc Junior Member

Ive always put leveling kits on the front of my trucks and put a add a leaf on back. So about 2.5 front and 1.5 back. Gives then a nice stance. You will have to extend the mout to keep your a frame level.