1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling A-Frame?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by biggtruck, Oct 4, 2004.

1. biggtruck

biggtruck Junior Member

I Have a 96 F-350 With a mild lift. The problem is that my a-frame (myers 8ft steel) isn't level with the ground. When i angle to one side the opposite side lifts off the ground.(windrowing badly) What is the best way to level it out? I dont want to drop my mount any lower and lose ground clearence when my plow is off. Any one ever dealt with this????
  2. bobtiedt

bobtiedt Junior Member
    from NE iowa

good luck

hey there, i have had that same problem. Buy a western, then at the end of the season, you take off 4 bolts and gain your ground clearance back. otherwise, just drop your mount, you will never win with the mounts higher then the plow frame
  3. biggtruck

biggtruck Junior Member

Has anyone had luck raising the mounts on the a-frame. I was thinking of welding a 2x4 box steel across the back of the a-frame and the welding the mounting tabs on top of that. Gusseting the box steel of course. Buying a new plow for a 10.00 problem is not an option.
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2004